Strategy: Understanding the External Environment
What you’ll learn
- The defintion and categories of strategy, and how they influence businesses
- The basic process for formulating strategy
- Economic efficiencies and their benefits
- Frameworks for analyzing macro and industry envrironments
- How to apply frameworks to identify opportunities and strategies for success
Despite what many people think, it’s not just senior managers who need to understand a company’s external environment and plan strategy. The factors that affect strategy are critical for anyone seeking to advance, or even maintain, their career. Whether you’re hiring, drafting budgets, carrying out marketing activities, or serving your company in some other capacity, a basic understanding of strategy can help you more effectively navigate your corner of the business world.
This course will give you insight into the key factors that influence your day-to-day work. Join your lecturer to understand how changes in the external environment affect your company and you.