Marketing: Understanding Your Customers
What you’ll learn
- The difference between marketing and selling
- The steps of the marketing process
- How to perform an environmental analysis and identify market opportunities
- How to segment and target potential customers
- How to position a product against competition
A big part of marketing is understanding and satisfying customers. With satisfied customers come word-of-mouth promotion, brand engagement, repeat business, and other benefits that keep the gears in a company turning. To satisfy customers, you first have to know who they are and what they want.
Marketing: Understanding Your Customers begins with the fundamentals of the marketing process. You’ll look at how top companies analyze the environment, segment and target customers, and position products to create a competitive edge. By the time you’re through, you’ll understand how to identify new business opportunities, propose valuable product solutions, and create highly satisfied customers.