Critical Thinking: Problem Solving
What you’ll learn
- The definition of problem solving
- The problem-solving process
- 2 tools for breaking down problems: MECE and logic trees
- Cause/effect relationships and how to identify the root of a problem
- How to form, evaluate, and implement solutions
Have you ever encountered a problem you didn’t know how to solve?
You’re not alone. Problem solving is a central skill in every business, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy!
If you’ve joined us for Critical Thinking: Structured Reasoning, you already have some idea of how communication factors into critical thinking. Now, in Critical Thinking: Problem Solving, you’ll check out a few common business examples and learn some go-to techniques. See how to use the steps of the problem-solving process to avoid common misunderstandings and get at the root of a problem.